Saturday 16 June 2012

15mm Desert Army.... work in progress...

I've finally started work on my next 15mm army. I'm going for a human desert force this time. The little guys are "Sahadeen" warriors from Rebelminis. I've got a couple of light armoured walkers from Khurasan miniatures. Some spider bots, small wheeled bots and a V.T.O.L. gunship and troop carrier from Ground Zero Games, a bunch of vehicles from Old Crow Models... and a couple of chunky dune buggy vehicles which were £1 each from Matchbox! (Not sure how these will be used on the GRUNTZ battlefield - but they look cool!!)

 

As always - I undercoat everything with thinned down Humbrol matt black enamel.
This is my first attempt at painting camouflage - so I tried it out first on the cheapo Matchbox vehicles in case it was a disaster.... but seems to be turning out ok...??

 

The "Sahadeen" guys - skin and hair done. I've swapped a few of the heads with some extra heads I got from GZG for a bit of variation.

 

Old crow vehicles and GZG bots ready for undercoat... The objective marker is also from Old Crow (a Commcen turret on a turret base).

 

VTOL from GZG ready for undercoat.


Sorry Mrs.G I've taken over half the kitchen!!

 

Starting on the camo on the GZG spider bots..


A bit of a rough photo of the dune buggy thing. I spotted these for £1 in the toy aisle in ASDA - I really like the shape and the giant external suspension spring things - thought they would lend themselves nicely to a desert sci-fi army...

No comments:

Post a Comment